Winter Soup Recipes
While the unseasonably warm weather in Chicago may say otherwise, winter is just around the corner! With the days getting shorter and the weather slowly starting to dip, we find ourselves more and more craving warm meals, like a bowl of any one of our Bistro by Vienna Beef soups. If you’ve tried any of our Bistro soups, you know they are the definition of comfort food! Below we’ve rounded up two ways you can take some of our Bistro soups and turn them into an easy, weeknight dinner using just a few ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Chicken Pot Pie Featuring our Bistro Soup Wild Rice with Chicken
Does it get any more savory and delicious than this? There is nothing better than cracking into the crispy crust of a chicken pot pie on a cold winter day and this recipe makes it a lot easier to do so! Here’s how to make it at home.
- 1 bag of Bistro by Vienna Beef Wild Rice with Chicken Soup
- 1 ¼ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour and salt.
- Add the cubed butter and using either two forks or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the mixture until the pieces are the size of peas.
- Pour in the water until the dough clumps together.
- Move the dough to a floured surface and roll the dough into a ball, incorporating the flour. Once the ball is created, roll into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Leave in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove disk from fridge and cut out two desired shapes for the pan. Place the first disc on the bottom of the pan, then slowly add in the Wild Rice with Chicken soup.
- Place the second disk on top and brush melted butter on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until sides are golden brown and filling is bubbling.
Broccoli Cheese Rice Using Bistro Soup Broccoli Cheese
Is there any soup more classic than the Broccoli Cheese? This simple recipe kicks our Bistro soup up a notch and is hearty enough to feed a crowd.
- 1 bag of Bistro by Vienna Beef Broccoli Cheese soup
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup of chicken, cooked and shredded
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked brown rice, half of the shredded cheese, and Broccoli Cheese soup
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and top with the remaining shredded cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole is golden brown and bubbling.
Which recipe will you try out this winter?