Reuben Eggs Benedict & Reuben Sandwich Recipes
Start your day the right way with Vienna Beef and Turano! This classic eggs benedict features Vienna Corned Beef and Turano’s English Muffins! This simple recipe will be the perfect breakfast for St. Paddy’s Day!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes; Cook Time: 20 Minutes; Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 Turano English Muffins, toasted
- 1/2 lb of Vienna Corned Beef, sliced thinly
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Vienna Sauerkraut, warmed
- 4 Eggs, poached
- Vinegar, for poaching
- Chives to garnish
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Pickle Relish
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 lemon (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- For the eggs: Line a wide bowl with a few layers of paper towels. Fill a saucepan or skillet with about 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the vinegar and reduce the heat to medium or medium-low, so the water is barely bubbling at the edges. Working in batches as needed, gently break the eggs into individual teacups, custard cups or ramekins.Working with one egg at a time, use a spatula or spoon to swirl the water a few times. Hold the side of the egg container as close as possible to the surface of the water and slide each egg in. Use the spatula or spoon to “shape” the white around the yolk as needed. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on how runny you like your eggs.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the lined bowl. Repeat to poach the remaining eggs. Toast your bread until lightly browned, then add Swiss cheese on top. Warm to melt. Top with the warmed corned beef, then sauerkraut. Arrange the poached eggs on top. Ladle the sauce over the eggs; garnish with chives. Serve right away.
- Rueben hollandaise: Fill a medium saucepan with a few inches of water, and heat over medium heat or until the water is barely bubbling at the edges. Adjust the heat to medium-low if needed. Place a metal bowl on the saucepan (to create a double boiler).
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet or saucepan over low heat. Whisk together the ketchup, Worcestershire and pickle relish in a small bowl. Combine the lemon juice, mustard and egg yolk in the metal bowl, whisking constantly until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the melted butter, a tablespoon or so at a time, to form an emulsified sauce. Whisk in the ketchup mixture. Season with salt if needed and hold in a warm spot. This makes about a half cup.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes; Cook Time: 10 Minutes; Yield: 2 Servings
Nobody does a Reuben sandwich like Vienna Beef and Turano! Satisfy your cravings with this classic corned beef sandwich featuring Vienna Corned Beef and Turano’s Rustic Rye! This easy to make recipe will definitely become a fan favorite.
- 2 slices of Turano’s Rustic Rye
- 4 ounces of Vienna Corned Beef (flat or brisket)
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 ounces of Vienna Sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 Vienna Kosher Dill Pickle Spear
- Preheat ungreased frying pan over low heat.
- Lightly butter each slice of Rustic Rye on both sides. Spread Thousand Island Dressing on one side of each slice of Rustic Rye. Next add 4 ounces of Corned Beef (or 7-8 slices), Sauerkraut, and 4 slices of Swiss Cheese.
- Grill sandwich on one side for 1-2 minutes, being careful to adjust heat so as not to burn bread. Flip entire sandwich over and grill the other side for 1-2 minutes. Continue until bread is toasted and Swiss Cheese is melted.
- Cut and serve hot with a Vienna Kosher Dill Pickle Spear on the side.