Vienna Italian Beef Stuffing & Gravy Recipe
Thanksgiving is all about the side dishes! Our Chef has created a delicious stuffing and gravy recipe that is perfect for your holiday gatherings. Our Italian Beef Stuffing features Vienna Italian Style Roast Beef, Giardiniera, mushrooms, and Celery Salt, and is then tossed with dried bread cubes, then topped with chicken broth and baked until hot and golden. Tag @ViennaBeef on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and @ViennaBeefOfficial on TikTok with your creations!
Vienna Italian Beef Stuffing Ingredients:
- 2 Loaves – French Round (Whole Foods bread was used, 1.5 lb croutons) [see below]
- ¾ lb – Vienna Italian Style Roast Beef (chopped to about ½” size pieces)
- 1 Jar – Vienna Mild Giardiniera (drained and finely chopped in food processor)
- ½ Stick – Unsalted Butter (reserve ¼ stick for buttering pan)
- 8 oz – White Mushrooms (rough chopped approx. ½”)
- 1 C – Shredded Parmesan (reserving ¼ C)
- 3 C – Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 head – Garlic (roasted), cloves removed
- 3 – Large Eggs
- 3 T – Fresh Sage, chopped
- 1 T – Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1/4 C – Parsley, chopped
- 1 T – Vienna Celery Salt
- 2 tsp – Black Pepper
- *To roast garlic, slice top “head” off and drizzle with 1T of olive oil. Return “head” to garlic and seal entirely with aluminum. Place into oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, up to an hour. Garlic is done when entire bulb is soft. When able, squeeze garlic to remove all garlic.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Dice bread to ¾” cubes and place evenly onto (2) sheet pans.
- Place sheet pans into oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes until dry but avoid browning.
- Allow bread to cool completely and add to a large bowl. Should yield about 1.5 lbs of croutons.
- In a bowl, smash garlic cloves into a paste, then add eggs, parsley, ¾ C parmesan, and 2 C broth and whisk until blended thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, heat ¼ stick of butter and sauté mushrooms for 4 minutes. Add Giardiniera and Italian Style Roast Beef and cook for an additional minute.
- Add sage, thyme, Celery Salt and black pepper and sauté for an additional minute. Add 1 C stock and blend.
- Pour mixture over croutons along with the egg/broth mixture and mix until well incorporated with the croutons. Let sit for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place mixture into a buttered 9” x 13” x 2.5” pan, top with remaining parmesan and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve with Italian Beef Gravy.
Italian Beef Gravy Ingredients:
- 4 T – Unsalted Butter
- 4 T – All Purpose Flour
- 2 C – Vienna Beef Italian Style Gravy
- 1 tsp – Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T – Finely chopped Vienna Mild Giardiniera (drained)
- 2 T – Finely chopped Vienna Italian Style Roast Beef
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add flour and whisk to combine. Cook until roux is a beige color.
- While whisking, slowly add the gravy and continue to cook.
- Once thickened, add Italian Style Roast Beef, Giardiniera, and Worcestershire sauce, and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve immediately.