Spicy Smoked Sausage Pasta
Our favorite weeknight dinners are the ones that require minimal thought and effort but pack in the flavor. We’re talking about the meals that can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less and only use one pot or pan. And of course, we need these meals to knock our socks off with flavor! That’s why we’re big fans of this Spicy Sausage Pasta dish – it takes under an hour to make, contains simple ingredients you probably already have in your house, and is packed with flavor, thanks to our Vienna Beef Spicy Smoked Sausage. Check out the full recipe below.
- 1 package Vienna Beef Spicy Smoked Sausage
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 oz dried pasta of your choice, we recommend penne or ziti
- 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles, mild
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Approximately 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion, and saute until fragrant
- Once the onion and garlic are translucent, add in the Spicy Smoked Sausage and brown.
- Once sausage is browned, add in the tomatoes, broth, and heavy cream. Cover with a lid and and let simmer until pasta is tender and the liquid has evaporated
- Once plated, top off the pasta with cheddar cheese and green onions and enjoy!