Vienna Beef Jambalaya
Looking for a jambalaya recipe that’s easy-to-make and full of bold, Cajun flavors? You’ve come to the right place! Our jambalaya combines all of your favorite proteins, like shrimp and Vienna Beef Spicy Smoked Sausage, for a meal that’s as filling as it is flavorful.
So pour yourself a Hurricane and pull out your biggest pot and enjoy this recipe!
Yield: 6-8 servings
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 pkgs Vienna Beef Spicy Smoked Sausage, (12oz ea) thinly sliced
1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1” cubes
3 Bell Peppers, diced
2 Celery Stalks, diced
1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
14 oz Crushed Tomatoes
3 cups Chicken Stock
1 ½ cups Long Grain White Rice, uncooked
2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1 tsp Dried Thyme, ground
1 tsp Dried Oregano, whole
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Bay Leaf
1 lb Raw Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt & Pepper
2 Green Onions, sliced
- Preheat the oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Brown the sausage and set aside.
- In the same pot, brown the chicken then set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic. Cook over medium high heat until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, rice, Cajun seasoning, thyme, oregano, cayenne, and bay leaf; stir to combine.
- Add the browned chicken, and sausage. Reduce to low heat, cover, and let simmer for 25-30 minutes until the rice is nearly cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with the sliced green onions and enjoy.