New Year’s Eve Party Recipes
New Year’s Eve is that last opportunity to celebrate with your family and friends during the holiday season. So you might as well do it right! For us, that means preparing some delicious appetizers for everyone to munch on as the night goes on. Below are three recipes to try featuring some of our favorite Vienna Beef products. Tag @ViennaBeef on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and @ViennaBeefOfficial on TikTok with your creations!
Pineapple-Sport Pepper Jelly
- 1 – Ripe Pineapple, cored and diced ¼” (1C reserved)
- 1 – Jar Vienna Sport Peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C – Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 C – Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp – Salt
Place diced pineapple in a food processor and pulse 4-5 times in 1 second intervals, remove and reserve. Chop Sport Peppers and place into food processor and pulse 4-5 times in 5 second intervals. Remove and reserve. In a medium size sauté pan, mix pulsed pineapple, Sport Peppers, lemon juice, sugar and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Simmer for approximately 10-20 minutes until consistency has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat and add remaining pineapple and salt. Let cool completely. Stir and serve.
- With egg rolls
- With Vienna Smoked Beef Stix
- On top of a fried Vienna Beef Salami slider
- Use as garnish on an antipasto tray
- On crackers with cream cheese
- Use as a Hawaiian pizza topping or Pepperoni
Garlic Giardiniera Aioli
- 1 C – Chopped Vienna Mild Giardiniera, drained well and pulsed. See below.
- 2 Eggs + 1 yolk (For a thicker aioli, use 2 yolks and 1 egg)
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 T – Lemon Juice
- 1/2 C – Canola Oil
- 1/2 C – Olive Oil
- 1 tsp – Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp – Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Drain contents well of (1) jar of Giardiniera. Pulse in a food processor 4-5 times to desired consistency, set aside 1 cup. In a food processor, place eggs, yolk, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire Sauce and pulse for 20 seconds. With food processor running, slowly add canola oil until incorporated. Pour contents into a bowl and slowly whisk in olive oil until thoroughly incorporated. Mix in Giardiniera and season with salt and pepper. Store for 24 hours to thicken, but you can use immediately if desired.
- Spread on sandwiches
- Hamburger or Italian Beef topping
- Pair with Fish & Chips
- Dollop on grilled vegetables
- Dip with French Fries
Caramelized Onion-Giardiniera Jam
- 1 Jar – Vienna Mild Giardiniera, drained and rinsed.
- 1 Medium White Onion, diced ¼”
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 C – Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/2 C – Granulated Sugar
- 1 T – Lemon juice
- 1/2 C – Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp – Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp – Pomona’s Pectin
- 1 tsp – Black Pepper
In a medium size sauté pan over medium high heat, melt butter, and add onions and 1/4C sugar. Sauté until onions have become just browned, approximately 10-15 minutes. In a food processor, pulse drained Giardiniera to a 1/8” size. Add all remaining ingredients except for pectin and cook until well combined and sugar has dissolved. Mix in pectin, remove from heat and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with a small amount of crackers and cheese
- Mix into a cream cheese ball and serve with toast points
- Use as a burger or sandwich topping
- Mix into beef gravy and serve with Italian Beef