Vienna Beef Discada Tacos Recipe
Want to mix up your Taco Tuesday? Try our chef-curated Discada Tacos! Discada is a mixed meat dish popular in northern Mexican cuisine. The basic meats for a traditional discada include beef, bacon, ham, sausage, and Mexican chorizo. We added a few of our favorite Vienna Beef products to make this a delicious and original recipe to try at home!
Vienna Beef Discada Tacos
8 oz bacon – diced
1 lb – Vienna Beef Soft Salami, ½” diced
4 ea – Vienna Beef Skinless Hot Dog (approx. 1/2 lb), sliced ¼” thick
1 lb – Chorizo
1 lb – Yukon Gold Potatoes, ½” diced
4 ea – Roma tomatoes, ½” diced
1C Modelo Beer + 1/4C. Any beer on hand will work, preferably a Mexican Lager.
1 Medium size onion, diced
5 cloves garlic
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 C Cilantro, chopped
Juice of 2 limes
Canola Oil, as needed
Salt, as needed
- In large sauté pan or pot, cook bacon pieces on medium heat until browned. Remove bacon, reserve for garnishing tacos later.
- In the bacon fat, on medium heat fry Hot Dog pieces until golden brown. Remove Hot Dog pieces, reserve.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, add onions and sauté on medium until they begin to turn translucent, approx. 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes, cumin and garlic, sauté for 2 more minutes. Add 1/4 C of beer and scrap bits of flavor from bottom of the pan.
- Add Salami and chorizo and sauté stirring occasionally for 3-4 min.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for 2 min. Reduce heat slightly and cover pot with lid for another 2-3 min., stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining beer, stir, and cover until juices have reduced by at least half. This is discretionary on how loose or tight you want your taco filling.
- Turn off heat. Add lime and cilantro then adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve with warmed corn tortillas and choice of garnishes including cooked crispy bacon, cabbage, radishes, avocado, queso fresco, variety of salsas, diced raw onions, cilantro, etc.