News, Recipes, & More...
These Vienna Beef Franks in a Poppy Seed Blanket are a tasty snack and are very easy to make. They deliver a wonderfully sweet and savory taste combination that is irresistible. For smaller portions, cut franks and dough in half.
These Mini-Reuben Sandwiches a perfect party food and very easy to make. The “traditional” Reuben is made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing and served on Rye bread. However, Russian dressing, sliced Vienna Beef Pastrami and Pumpernickel bread are all welcome variations.
Enter the Vienna® Beef “Football Competition to Determine the Supreme Team” contest at Facebook.com/ViennaBeef. Submit a photo of yourself enjoying a Vienna® Beef product during the big game. The grand prize winner will win everything required to enjoy Vienna® Beef hot dogs for an entire year! Second place will receive a Chicago-Style Hot Dog Kit, and the third prize winner gets a blue Vienna® Beef shirt!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This free Competition will run from January 24, 2014 to February 7, 2014.
2. The Competition is open to United States residents aged 18 or over.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. To access the Photo Contest App, you must like the Vienna Beef Facebook page (facebook.com/viennabeef).
5. During the Contest Period, you may submit an entry form online at https://facebook.com/viennabeef by completing the entry form provided within the photo contest app, and clicking “Submit.”
6. Ten maximum photos per facebook entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Contest Period.
10. Winners will be notified by email.
11. There is no cash alternative to the stated prizes, and the prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
12. The Vienna Beef administrator’s decision is final.
13. Vienna Beef retains the right to publicize the winners’ names and submissions across all marketing materials.
14. Employees of Vienna Beef and their families are excluded from entering the Competition.
15. Copyrighted, obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Vienna Beef retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
16. Vienna Beef reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
17. Vienna Beef accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Competition.
18. The winners’ names will be available after the Competition closes (February 7, 2014) by writing to The Marketing Manager, Vienna Beef, 2501 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
19. Entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions by entering the Competition.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information toCruise.co and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for email marketing purposes and not shared with any third parties.
With 50 years of experience in the business, Ed Kis learned from his Dad (Ed Sr.) how to build an iconic hot dog stand. Today, the leadership team of Owner Jeanne Hoyle and General Manager Ed Kis has led Top Dog Restaurant to earn several awards including the Lt. Governors Indiana Hospitality Award and the LaPorte County People’s Choice Award. “I’m proud to carry on the tradition of quality work ethic that my Dad taught me.” says Ed.”Top Dog offers a home away from home for our customers and we try to extend that feeling to every customer passing through our doors.”
Top Dog Restaurant is famous as the “Best Chicago Dog East of Chicago”. “We feature Vienna Beef hot dogs, and we have added our own special touch to create the unique Maxwell Street Polish and Italian Beef Sandwich specialties that our customers have come to expect and crave.” says Ed.
Vienna Beef proudly recognized Jeanne Hoyle, Ed Kis and Top Dog Restaurant for their exceptional contributions to their community, philanthropic leadership, and overall commitment to the quality of their product and the satisfaction of their customers by inducting Top Dog Restaurant into the Vienna Beef Hot Dog Hall of Fame in November 2013. “Top Dog’s exceptional quality, personality and hospitality make them an ideal candidate for our recognition program. We are proud to work with them and excited to recognize their success in this way.” says Bob Schwartz, Vice President of Vienna Beef.
It’s been nearly 75 years since Jimmy Stefanovic, a hard-working European immigrant came to Chicago and invested in developing some unique sandwiches in the, now famous and historic, Maxwell Street area. Jimmy’s creation of the well-known and often duplicated “Maxwell Street Polish Sausage” and the Maxwell Street pork chop sandwich have become iconic sandwiches that represent the true essence of Maxwell Street’s impact on Chicago’s history and culture.
Open ‘24/7’ and originally on the corner of Maxwell and Halsted, Jim’s Original was the first business to welcome folks to Maxwell Street and has been continued to do so for three-quarters of a century. Jim’s Original has served their famous sandwiches for so long that they have become a part of Chicago culture and an icon bridging the past and the present.
Featured in major films like the Blues Brothers, as well as many food network shows such as Anthony Boudain’s Layover, Jim’s Original has achieved a tremendous amount of respect and notoriety within the restaurant industry. Past and present celebrities such as Ernie Banks and television news personalities like Steve Dolinsky and Jerry Taft have made Jim’s Original a regular stop.
Thank you Jim Sr., Jim Christopoulos, and the entire Jim’s Original’s family for the food and great memories! It is now Vienna Beef’s turn to acknowledge, congratulate and pay homage to one of the true Chicago hot dog icons by welcoming Jim’s Original into the Vienna Beef Hot Dog Hall of Fame. From all of us at Vienna we say, “Thanks,” for the memories and wish you the best in the years to come.